Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My first Stitch 'n Pitch

Last week, I went to my first Stitch 'n Pitch. To those of you unfamiliar with the concept, this is where a bunch of knitters (and crocheters, I suppose, though I didn't see any there) go to a baseball game and knit. And watch the game... sorta. I went with a few of my knitting group friends, and it ended up being a lot of fun, even though I don't have a lot of interest in baseball. The Toronto Blue Jays played the Baltimore Orioles and won 8 to 2.

Here we are in the crowd (I'm in the middle of the third row with the light purple t-shirt):



It wasn't very full besides the knitters...



But we did have very good seats.



And got a lot of knitting done (that's E's fish hat).



I worked a bit on the second sleeve of my cabled sweater (almost done! almost done!), and started a pretty lacy scarf using that beautiful skein of Dye-Version bamboo sport I got at the Purple purl ages ago. It's the Twin-Leaf Beaded Scarf pattern by Jeanne Giles, and I have to admit that knitting with beads is pretty annoying at first, but really cool once you get used to it.



I have some more knitted baby stuff to post, but I think it'll have to wait until after I've given them to the intended recipients so as not to spoil the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment