Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Pretty unwound yarns

Looking back on the last post about swifts, I was reminded that I haven't shown off my latest yarn acquisitions! When my mother was visiting last weekend, I took her to the Purple Purl, which is a little out of my way, but definitely worth visiting again. There were so many fantastic yarns, and I just wanted to pick out the perfect one to make myself a little something special. I finally decided on a hank of Dye-Version Bamboo Sport in the Royal colourway. It's a beautiful blend of jewel-like blues, purples and greens. It's also beautifully soft and silky. The photos really don't do it justice.





I'm planning on making the Twin Leaf Beaded Scarf by Jeanne Giles with that yarn. I just have to pick out the perfect beads.

The other yarn I recently acquired is some more Araucania (just like for my boyfriend socks, see yarn here), this time, the Nature Wool Solids in the Smokey Purple colourway. I got it online from Webs Yarn. It's absolutely gorgeous as well. I just love the subtle colour changes.





With this, I'll be making the Cables Luxe Tunic by Lion Brand Yarn. By the way, they recently made all their patterns free! Anyway, it's a surprisingly elegant pattern for Lion Brand, and I'm looking forward to honing my cable skills. Hmm... it seems my two projects with Araucania yarns have both been cabled projects!

Speaking of online purchases, I recently bought some sock knitting needle holders from KnitPicks. I'm really looking forward to getting them so that I won't stab myself every time I reach into my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment