Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Monday, August 3, 2009

"It Itches"

As I mentioned previously, I obtained a couple of books from the Interweave hurt book sale, one of which was "It Itches" by Franklin Habit. It's a very charming little book, with lots of cartoons and a few essays, all about yarn-crafting. I think the essays are really the best part of this book, and I could definitely relate to a couple of them, especially the one entitled "Knittin' with a Whip", which is all about trying to knit harder pieces because the author enjoys the challenge... sort of a counter-argument to knitting as the "new yoga". The cartoons are mostly cute, and will give you a little chuckle if you're in the yarn-crafting know, though some are funnier than others. I mean, it's all about stashing yarn and having a problem with knitting cozies for everything, which I can definitely relate to. Anyway, my favourite cartoon is the following, which actually made me laugh out loud (and the boyfriend too), so I thought I'd share it with you:



I think that anyone obsessed with yarn and knitting and/or crocheting will enjoy this book at least a little, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't.

In other news, I finished my dad's laptop case. It's all sewn up, blocked and lined, and my index finger on my right hand is suffering for it. I'm leaving for the family home tomorrow, so I'm glad I was able to meet my deadline. I'm not finished the potholders yet, but I think I'll be able to finish them on the bus down. More about these when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment