Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Too much fuzzy yarn

When my boyfriend and I first moved into our Toronto apartment, we didn't have a bathroom rug. This wasn't a huge deal, but it was fairly unpleasant walking out of the shower onto a slippery wet tile floor. I could probably have bought something satisfactory, but I figured that I'd make one instead. I went to my favourite yarn store, Romni Wools, and was somehow convinced to buy these huge rolls of fuzzy green and white acrylic yarn. This is what's left of them, even after having made a rug, and a few other things.



So of course, I made a rug, with this funky pattern, and it turned out really well.



Since then, I've started making the "Candy Apple Shrug" from the white yarn, though I've had to make a lot of modifications, and it's not turning out as nicely as I expected. I also made a bag bag, that is, a bag to hold all our plastic grocery bags (because they're taking over the kitchen). I made it without a pattern, and it does the trick.



I'm planning on making a baby blanket for a friend of my who's expecting, but that's about all I can think of. Maybe I'll just make a huge afghan. The problem with this yarn is that it's hard to crochet because it's almost impossible to find the stitches among all the fuzzy. Oh well... I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment