Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is an ex sweater!

It's sad and cathartic when you have to rip apart a sweater... and this weekend, I ripped apart two! There was the previously-mentioned off-the-shoulder top, but also that Candy Apple shrug (Lion Brand pattern, which you need an account for) I'd been working on forever. The former came apart depressingly easily, and for some reason, I thought it would be cool to see if I could wind it into a giant ball. So, folks, this is one crocheted sweater's worth of yarn, next to a pop can for size comparison. It's totally huge and unmanageable.



For the shrug, I separated it into a few balls of a manageable size, but it was much harder to rip apart because that yarn is so darn fuzzy. It feels nice to get rid of that though... I looked at myself in the mirror the last time I tried it on and I decided that I hated the style and how that yarn looked in single crochet using a 7mm hook. Anyway, good riddance. And now, I have all this fuzzy yarn in nice little balls instead of on that big roll...



Notice those can tabs in the background? I got inspired by this blog and will be attempting some can tabistry in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment