Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Monday, November 30, 2009

ARRRRRgyle

Argyle seems to be really in these days. I prefer to call it arrrrrrgyle because it makes me think of pirates. Anyway, a few weeks ago, as a break from my Xmas knitting, I made a quick coffee cozy with an argyle pattern. I was inspired by the felted argyle cup cozy from the "Cheery Cup Cozies" kit on Knitpicks. I didn't want a felted one (I'm not sure I like it), and colour work always leaves those unsightly strands everywhere, so I thought I'd double-knit it. I used the chart from the Uncle Argyle Scarf in Son of Stitch 'n Bitch with one more repeat, and made it so I could knit it in the round (because I hate seaming too). Resounding success! The cozy is indeed very cozy, and it's reversible, so if I get bored of one colour combination, I can flip it around and have the reverse colours. It's nice and thick too, so I get a good grip on it. Here's a picture of it next to a delicious pastry at Second Cup:



And here's the reverse colour pattern:



This is a great pattern for someone who wants to try double-knitting in the round, but who doesn't want to try anything big.

No comments:

Post a Comment