Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Works in Progress

Just because I haven't been blogging, doesn't mean I haven't been crafting. In fact, I've probably been crafting too much considering how much work I had, but I need something to keep me sane and to keep my fingers busy. I like crocheting or knitting during astronomy colloquia because I find that having to concentrate on two things at once prevents me from dozing off. It's also something to do on the bus... and since I spend an hour on public transportation every day, I need something to do to stave off the boredom.

Anyway, works in progress... I currently have three, two crocheted and one knitted. I started my second project from the Crochet Me book (can be seen in the bottom right corner of the second page of the preview here), after that circle rug (top right of same page) which might never get finished. It turns out making 60 single crochet circles is kind of boring, but I digress. I'm using that Rowan 4 ply (as mentioned in a previous post), and I'm liking the cotton with that pattern. I'm making it more summery, so it's not a full turtle neck, and the cotton yarn will make it more breathable. Here's where I am (I'm actually below the armpits now, but this is the last pic I took):



The other crochet project I'm working on is a puppy for my grandmother. I'm using that white fuzzy yarn that I just can't seem to get rid of, and it's still hard to crochet with (especially with a 3.5mm hook), but the result is starting to look good. My grandmother adores dogs, so hopefully she'll appreciate this one, whenever I get around to finishing it:



Finally, I'm also working on that blanket for my friend's soon-to-be-born baby, though at this point, the baby will probably be born before the blanket is finished. It's about half way there right now. I'm really liking this pattern. It's just lacy enough that it's not boring, but not so lacy that the stitch pattern is totally lost given the fluffiness of the yarn. Here it is so far... it's getting quite big!

No comments:

Post a Comment