Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life as a grad student

Being an astronomy grad student is pretty awesome. I get my own office, make my own hours, and study things I'm interested in. Here are a few of the perks of my life right now.

Every now and then we get to go out onto the balcony on the 15th floor



where we get this fantastic view of Toronto:



I have tiny fruit:



And Ganesh to destroy my obstacles:



And when our code is compiling, Greg and I have sword fights:



Though it's not always fun and games. Sometimes we actually do work! Here's Greg marking essays. He's really really enjoying himself:



And finally, here's something pretty to remind me (and anyone else living in Toronto) that spring is actually on its way. Even if it's been snowing for the past couple of days. These are some of the first flowers of spring in a garden near campus.

1 comment: