Crochet, knitting, astronomy & life in general.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finished Cloud Bolero

The Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague is another one of those projects, like the icelandic turtleneck, that requires absolutely no seaming. The only finishing I had to do was to weave in two ends and decide what kind of fastener I was going to use for the front. I love that! So, without further ado, here it is!





I love how the self-striping in the yarn follows the waves in the pattern. At first, I thought that maybe the yarn would overwhelm the lace pattern, but it seems like they complement each other nicely. I tried to get a good picture of the colours last weekend at my grandparents' place in the morning sun:



As for the frontal fastener, I used a cameo brooch my paternal grandmother had given me years ago as a high school graduation present, I think. It works surprisingly well with the bolero.



Overall, I think this pattern is a success. I loved how fast it was (I finished it in 10 days), which I partially attribute to the chunky yarn and large needles, and how elegant the final product looks. I wore it to a family party last weekend, and got tons of compliments on it. Yay!

2 comments: